Yosemite – An Adventurous Holiday Trip In A National Park
Yosemite National Park, a UNESCO world Heritage Site is situated in central California on the western side of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. It is an internationally known wildlife reserve spread within an area of about 761,236 acres. From the spectacular waterfalls, granite cliffs, clear streams to the vibrant biological diversity, this national park is considered as a perfect holiday destination. Several outdoor activities such as ice skating, rock climbing, horse riding and rock climbing also attract numerous visitors to this place.
If you are short on budget, you can grab the best travel and hotel deals by grabbing the Make my tirp. You can search online for the travel coupons and deals and plan your travel as per your budget.
There are various airports in the surrounding areas of the park through which you can easily reach this place. The major airports include the Fresno Yosemite International, Merced international and the Modesto City-County Airport. You can also hire a car to reach here and take pleasure of the scenic beauty of the surroundings during your journey.
Things to do and see
- The park service offers various free shuttle buses for a ride across the park. You can board the bus and enjoy the stunning beauty of the several locations inside the park.
- One most popular location includes the Yosemite Valley which is famous for its impressive meadows, waterfalls, unusual rock formations and the irregular cliffs. The water falls here are one of the highest waterfalls in the world.
- You can enjoy skiing and hiking at the Badger Pass. The top most location of the Glacier Point offers a tremendous view of the whole park.
- The valley also offers the most challenging rock climbing through the high rocks.
- There is a place names Wawona which consists of a large collection of the historical buildings and is the home to historic Wawona Hotel.
- Exploring the forest on foot would also be adventurous, sighting the various exotic species of flora and fauna.
The national park service offers good lodging options to the visitors. The Ahwahnee Lodge is a national historic landmark with luxurious lodging facilities. The hotel rooms are half domed and face towards the glacier point. The Curry Village is another accommodation option to the tourists and provides a wide range of lodging options from highly equipped rooms to adventurous tent cabins. Housekeeping camp is also one attractive lodge. Despite its name, this place offers visitors with lodging tents with concrete flooring and canvas top where you can have the feel of camping. If you are willing to enjoy a stay in a luxury hotel at affordable rates, you can avail the Via coupons.
There are several undiscovered delights of this place which can be discovered by you. You can explore some undefined features of the Yosemite National park and enjoy an adventurous trip to this place.