Excursions are a great way to spend some time with your family while on holiday, as well as explore a new country while learning and having fun. In this article we are going to take a look at three beach resorts in Morocco (and other accommodation options) that offer, arrange and book a number of amazing excursions that travellers can choose from:
Treasure Hunts for Groups, Mazagan Beach Resort
Mazagan Beach Resorts offers two exciting treasure hunts that are available for groups – whether it be a group of friends or family members. These treasure hunt options include:
- Portuguese treasure hunt – Explore the 16th century fort located in El Jadida where you can “live a unique and authentic adventure”. During the treasure hunt those who take part will go through a series of challenges that will include purchasing a number of traditional items at the best price possible (meaning any haggling skills will come in handy and be an advantage), taking part in a number of workshops, traditional bread baking, and more!
- Mazagan treasure hunt – This treasure hunt takes place at the resort itself, allowing those who take part the chance to explore the most mysterious places it has to offer in order to solve a series of puzzles. Aimed to create positive energy between team players, improve the feeling of motivation, and helping to improve communication amongst group members, it’s the perfect way to build a stronger relationship with your partner, friends and your family members.
Offering a number of excursions that allow you to explore Marrakech and its surrounds, Palmeraie is the perfect base for travellers looking for adventure. The excursions can be booked through the hotel’s tour desk and include:
- City tour – where travellers can take in the city and its sights on a panoramic bus and by carriage. This excursion lasts approximately 2 to 3 hours.
- The Valley of Ourika – Nature lovers will love this excursion, as it gives travellers the chance to indulge in the lush scenery the Valley of Ourika has to offer, as well as the waterfalls of Setti Fatma. This excursion lasts approximately 5 hours and covers approximately 70km so be sure to invest in a pair of good quality walking boots.
- Desert dream – Lasting two days and one night, travellers can take to the desert and stay in a luxury desert camp at M’hamid.
- Essaouira (The White Pearl) – Take a day trip to the Atlantic Ocean and indulge in the sea breeze and glistening waters.
- Lake Lalla Takerhoust – Enjoy a day filled with an array of nautical based activities.
- Fantasia – Learn more about Morocco’s culture, cuisine and traditions by watching a cultural show and eating traditional Moroccan cuisine.
- Buggy, Quad, Karting – If you prefer to get your adrenaline pumping with some fast paced activities, choose to go quad biking or drive a buggy. For those who prefer a leisurely ride, ride one of the country’s gentle giants – a camel!
- Les Terres d’Amanar – Visit this amazing eco-lodge where you can whiz down a zip wine, have fun at the accro-park and go horse riding.
Trekking Excursion, Rouge Hostels
Although not a resort, this is an excursion that is being added on to due to its popularity. The trekking expeditions Rouge Hostels have to offer give travellers the chance to climb to the summit of Africa’s second highest mountain – Mount Toubkal, and only takes 2 days and 1 night (although you can do it in whatever time frame you want to). Starting at the base camp of Imlil, you will make the trek with guides, mules and delicious meals included! This incredible trek gives travellers the opportunity to indulge in Morocco’s wilderness, its luscious scenery and see part of the country from a whole new perspective. Just make sure you have good quality walking boots with you!
Go on an adventure of a lifetime while on holiday to Morocco by taking part in one or more of the excursions mentioned above.