Kauai is one of the most beautiful islands in the Hawaiian chain of islands, and is known for its lush and green environment. Kauai has many activities for visitors and tourists to the island and this list is not all of the things to do while on Kauai, but lists some of the most popular activities.
Father and son tandem surfing
1. Waimea Canyon. Everyone will agree the Waimea Canyon is one of the top things to experience on Kauai. It’s often called the “Grand Canyon of the Pacific,” but is only 10 miles long and about 3,000 feet deep. What makes it so unique is the lush, vibrant green landscape around the canyon. You can hike, tent camp, rent a cabin at Koke’e State Park, or just marvel at the Waimea Canyon from several look-outs. Make sure you see this!
2. Experience The Napili Coast. Kauai’s northwest coastline is one of the most spectacular, unspoiled stretches of Hawaiian wilderness in the Pacific. There’s sandy beaches to explore and hikes to take – truly one of Kauai’s “must see” activities. Check with Napili Riders, North Shore Charters and Blue Dolphin Charters for an amazing day on Kauai.
3. Snorkel Kauai. The warm, crystal-clear waters off the coast of Kauai are ideal for snorkeling and swimming. This is a fun half-day adventure that the entire family will enjoy. Check-out Holo Holo Charters, Captain Na Pali Adventures and Snorkel Bob.
4. Take A Helicopter Ride. Like Maui and The Big Island, helicopter tours are one of the most popular activities by tourists to Kauai. Most of the gorgeous, un-spoiled, rugged beauty of Kauai can only be seen via helicopter. See valleys, waterfalls, and Waimea Canyan with Jack Harter Helicopters, Blue Hawaiian Helicopters, Safari Helicopters, and enjoy an air tour with Air Ventures Hawaii and Air Tour Kauai.
5. Do A Hike. Kauai is famous for its hiking and walking trails, with spectacular scenery all over the island. Waimea Canyan is one of the most popular hikes, and Wailua River Guides can take care of you.
6. Spend A Day in Princeville. Situated about 45 minutes from the airport, Princeville is a planned community on Kauai that is nestled into some cliffs of Kauai’s North Shore. The famous Hanalei Bay is a favorite beach to spend some time, and there is excellent shopping at some local boutiques and galleries.
7. Glide Down A Zipline. There’s nothing more exhilarating than a zipline and Kauai has many to offer. Look into Princevillle Ranch Adventures, Outfitters Kauai, Island Adventures, This is total excitement!
8. Feast At A Luau. Experience an ancient tradition and feast on Hawaiian cuisine at a Luau. All are excellent and offer a unique evening on Kauai. Consider the Smith Family Garden Luau and Luau Kalamaku.
9. Whale Watching. Yes, the Pacific Humpback Whale is only here for 5-6 months each year, with January, February and March being the best months for viewing whales, but it’s definitely a “must-do” activity. These experienced companies give you a day you won’t soon forget – Kauai Zodiac Tours, and Kauai Sea Tours.
10. Sunset Dinner Cruise. It’s a tradition to take a Hawaiian sunset dinner cruise. It’s something the entire family will enjoy and provides a great evening of relaxation while watching incredible sunsets. Kauai Sea Tours is a top provider for dinner cruises.
Hawaii Travel & Food!
The Hawaiian islands of Oahu, Maui, Kauai, and The Big Island the most visited Hawaiian islands, and Waikiki is one of the most famous beaches. Also, Honolulu airport is the “gateway” to Southeast Asia and Bangkok, Thailand is one of the most visited cities in the world.
Maui Photo Magnets offers outstanding island photography on magnets and aluminum metal, along with Hawaiian petroglyphs on stone.
Love Homemade Food? Check-out the “Homemade Gurus” of Homemade Pizza and Homemade Mexican food. They have delicious recipes.
Top 10 Maui Restaurants.
- Mama’s Fish House is one of the most well-known restaurants on Maui.
- In Lahaina Town, try Lahaina Grill. It’s one of the best restaurants on Maui.
- Merriman’s Hawaiian Restaurant in Kapalua has won many awards for outstanding food.
- The Pineapple Grill in Kapalua is a popular, upscale restaurant popular with locals and tourists alike.
- On the west side of Maui, try Star Noodle. It’s one of the most popular restaurants on the island.
- The Plantation House in Kapalua offers an excellent fine dining experience.
- Sarento’s On The Beach in the Kihei area of Maui is always recognized for outstanding food and service.
- Hali’ imaile General Store has pleased customers since opening in 1988 with its upcountry location.
- Japengo At The Maui Hyatt Regency Resort & Spa is a recent addition to the Top 10 Restaurants on Maui.
- Roy’s in Ka’anapali has consistently been one of the top restaurants on Maui, Hawaii.
Maui’s Top Attractions.
- Haleakala National Park lets you visit one of the most rare sights in the world at over 32,000 feet.
- The Road To Hana takes a full day but is one of the most famous drives in the world.
- One of the wettest and most beautiful valleys on all the Hawaiian islands is at Iao Valley.
- Visit 7 Sacred Pools (Ohe’o Gulch) past Hana on the far windward side of Maui.
- A “must-see” beach is Big Beach at Makena State Park on the southwest side of Maui, Hawaii.
- Lahaina Town & Banyan Tree on the west side of Maui is a historic whaling town with much to see.
- Stroll through gardens with over 45 varieties of lavender at the Ali’i Kula Lavender Farm.
- One of Maui’s top-rated family attractions in the Maui Ocean Center.
- Maui Tropical Plantation offers rides through a tropical plantation and has a fun zipline.
- The Sugar Museum is located on Hawaii’s largest working sugar factory.
- Tedeschi Winery produces wine from Maui-grown grapes at the Ulupalakua Ranch.
- Surfing Goat Dairy has world-class cheese made upcountry in a unique setting.
woman with red surfboard in waikiki oahu
Maui’s Top Activities.
- See a unique perspective of Maui with a zipline adventure with Piiholo Ranch Adventures and Skyline Eco Adventures.
- See Molokini or the remote stretches of the Kanaio Coast with Red Line Rafting.
- Atlantis Submarines offers you the only underwater tour adventure on Maui that the whole family can enjoy.
- To rent snorkel equipment on Maui, go to Snorkel Bob’s or Boss Frog’s.
- Want to see another Hawaiian island? Go with Expeditions to the island of Lanai.
- There’s nothing like seeing Maui from a helicopter and Blue Hawaiian may be the best of Maui.
- Looking to jet ski? Jet Ski Maui is a seasonal activity but is a lot of fun even for beginners.
- Sunset dining on Maui gives you an unforgettable experience, and the Maui Princess is the boat to be on.
- Want to parasail while on Maui? UFO Parasail on Kaanapali Beach has been doing it longer than anyone.
- Bike down the Haleakala volcano for an amazing experience with Haleakala Bike Company.
- Trilogy offers one of the best excursions on Maui with several different daily tours.
- Enjoy The Road To Hana in a luxury vehicle with The Maui Touring Company.
- Go with the whale experts at Pacific Whale Foundation. They offer a wide variety of daily excursions.
- Wanting to go horseback riding on Maui? Go with Pony Express Tours for the best experience.
- Go sportfishing out of Lahaina Harbor with Start Me Up.
- Captain Steve’s Rafting Adventures is the top dolphin and whale tour company on Maui.
- Warren and Annabelle’s magic show is one of the best entertainment values on Maui.
- For the best luau on Maui, go to the Old Lahaina Luau in Lahaina Town on the west side of Maui.
BONUS – Free Hula Shows!
At The Lahaina Cannery Mall on the west side of Maui, there are free hula shows. The Polynesian Dancers perform at 7 p.m. on Tuesday and Thursday. The Keiki Hula Show (children performing) is at 1 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
Maui’s Best Luau!
While visiting Maui or any of the islands of Hawaii. a luau is a must. Learn a few things about a luau before you go, and here’s a list of popular luaus to consider:
- One of the most popular and highly-rated luaus is the Old Lahaina Luau on the west side of Maui.
- The Feast At Lele is an oceanfront luau at 505 Front Street in Lahaina Town.
- The best family luau is the Kaanapali Beach Luau.
- Staying in Wailea? Consider the Wailea Marriott Luau and The Grand Wailea Luau.