Cat eyes are all the rage this season- again. They’ve been made trendy by retro shows and styles. Here’s some quick tips to create cool cat eyes in a blink.
To have beautiful cat eyes, get ready to practice. To begin, you’ll need good quality black liquid or gel eyeliner plus a black pencil liner. You will also need makeup remover and a small q-tip.
Remember, this is just about getting the cat eye line right. We are not applying any other eye makeup because you may be correcting some of your artwork at first.
1) Draw a line with the liquid liner as close to your eyelid as possible from corner to corner, stopping short at the outside end. (Wipe clean any wayward lines with your moistened q-tip).
2) Fill or correct the line until the line is how you want it to be, making sure it isn’t too thick.
3) Make 3 small dots slightly upward and outward, guiding the wing of the cat eye. Not too fancy- just a short mischievous flip.
4) Using your liquid liner again, connect the dots in a downward stroke, making sure the line meets your previous line.
5) If desired, you can use your pencil liner to draw a little line that “lifts off” at the end of the first line, joining the freshly drawn cat eye flip. This will leave a triangle with an empty middle that may be filled in with your pencil liner.
If you want to tweak the effect, go over the entire line with your pencil liner. And remember, you can always fix a mistake with the moistened q-tip.
Now you can carefully add some grey, blue, or whatever eye shadow plus mascara to finish your hip feline look! And keep in mind, once you’ve become a pro, your eye shadow should be applied first.