Leilani’s On The Beach in the Kaanapali Resort area of west Maui, is one of the best ocean side dining spots on the island.
Leilani’s On The Beach in the Kaanapali Resort area is an excellent ocean side restaurant on Maui, Hawaii.
Steven K Scott
Located in the Whaler’s Village shopping complex, Leilani’s is a casual, family-friendly restaurant known for outstanding fish entrees and excellent fish tacos. It is also know for creative, tropical drinks like the Hawaiian Mai Tai and Lava Flow, and a special dessert called Hula Pie.
Many go to Leilani’s for a wide variety of fish choices coated in Macadamia nuts. The crab cakes are excellent, the Poke is fresh and spicy, and the pasta is made on-site. Try the Seafood Pasta dish. Of course, if you get their famous Fish Tacos, ask for the special “chili water,” a mixture of sweet and spicy that highlights the Mahi fish.
An Early Bird special is available from 5 p.m. to 5:45 p.m. and is a good deal.
Leilani’s takes reservations (recommended), is situated along the Kaanapali beach, and has excellent sunset and ocean views. They have a “Happy Hour” with beer specials, and you can order food at the bar like nachos and spicy shrimp.
Staying on the west side of Maui? You must try Leilani’s. You’ll have good food with incredible views of the ocean and sunsets, and it’s a fun place to people watch.
Tripadvisor reviews let you know what others think of Leilani’s. Yelp is also a good way to see what others have to say about Leilani’s.
- Make reservations. During high season on Maui, there can be up to an hour wait.
- While waiting, walk around the Whaler’s Village shopping complex. It’s going through some construction now (March, 2016) but most stores are open.
- The Kaanapali board walk is a nice way to walk by all the resorts and good way to kill some time while waiting on a reservation or a table to open up at Leilani’s.
- Make sure you have your camera and plenty of space on the memory card. You’ll take plenty of pictures.
- There’s always a good sunset on Kaanapali Beach. Even a bad sunset is a good sunset.
- Save room for a Hula Pie. It’s their dessert specialty and worth a try.
- Enjoy walking and people watching either before or after your lunch or dinner.
Travel, Top 10 Lists, Polls & Homemade Food!
The Hawaiian island of Maui is an incredible island to visit, and Waikiki is one of the most famous beaches. Also, Honolulu airport is the “gateway” to Bangkok, one of the most visited cities in the world. Look at Top 10 Lists and also voice your opinion at Polls Only.
Love Delicious Homemade Food? Check-out the “Homemade Gurus” at Homemade Pizza and Homemade Mexican food. They have delicious recipes.