Coconut water has long been a staple in the Caribbean diet way before Hollywood discovered this nutritious drink. You can find street vendors selling coconut water to the public in Southeast Asia, India and Africa.
The many benefits of coconut water are listed below:
– low in calories
– low in fat and carbohydrates
– rich in antioxidants and magnesium
– promotes hydration and helps to lower blood pressure
– helps to balance the body’s electrolytes
– contains fiber which helps to slow down the absorption of sugar
– improves blood circulation
Due to coconut water’s hydration factor it is an excellent source for skin health. For more information on the benefits of drinking coconut water visit: http://www.livestrong.com/.