Hula Grill Kanapali is an ideal restaurant on the west side of Maui for tropical Hawaiian drinks, outstanding pupus, stunning ocean views, incredible sunsets, and excellent people watching.
Located in the Whaler’s Village shopping complex just off Hwy. 30, Hula Grill is a popular restaurant for both tourists and locals. It’s a casual, laid-back, family-friendly dining spot with live music.
Hula Grill in the Kaanapali resort area on West Maui is one of the island’s best beach side restaurants.
Steven K Scott
Try the Asian Salad, Calamari, and Shrimp Ceviche. Sit at the Barefoot Bar and have an excellent burger and Flatbread with pinapple and pork. Hula Grill specializes in fresh fish and seafood and, of course, you must try the Fish Tacos. The Mai Tai drinks are stout and fruity, and the Lava Flow is a nice drink for women.
With a world-class view of Lanai and Molokai, Hula Grill offers some of the best sunset views on Maui. It’s also common to see Humpback Whales during whale season, and a catamaran or two picking up or dropping off tourists along Kaanapali Beach.
Looking for a beach sand restaurant with good food alongside the edge of the ocean? Hula Grill in the Kaanapali Resort area will meet your wildest expectations for a truly “Hawaiian” dining experience.
Tripadvisor reviews give you good insight into what others think of Hula Grill. Also, Yelp* provides information about the menu and best things to eat at Hula Grill. Reservations can be made at Open Table.
Hula Grill Suggestions.
- Make reservations, especially if you have a large group.
- Remember the sunset hours of 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. will be the busiest hours to get a table or sit at the bar.
- If it’s just two of you and you also want a tropical drink, try the Barefoot Bar and see if there are two available seats.
- Stroll through Whaler’s Village either before or after eating at Hula Grill.
- Spend the morning on the beach, and enjoy Hula Grill for lunch. It’s just a few feet away from Kaanapali Beach.
- Take a walk along the Kaanapali Boardwalk and enjoy seeing the different resorts.
Travel, Top 10 Lists, Polls & Homemade Food!
The Hawaiian island of Maui is an incredible island to visit, and Waikiki is one of the most famous beaches. Also, Honolulu airport is the “gateway” to Bangkok, one of the most visited cities in the world. Look at Top 10 Lists and also voice your opinion at Polls Only.
Love Delicious Homemade Food? Check-out the “Homemade Gurus” at Homemade Pizza and Homemade Mexican food. They have delicious recipes.