Choosing your wedding gown can be exciting, challenging, fun and even stressful. Wedding gowns come in various styles, formal or informal, different colors, fabrics and detailing. Here are some handy tips in helping you find the gown of your dreams.
- Consider what type of wedding you will be having. A beach wedding is vastly different than a formal candlelit ceremony in a cathedral, each beautiful in their own way.
- Since a wedding gown needs alterations, accessories, under garments, and shoes, your budget is a strong consideration as well. Be sure there are no hidden costs, and do not feel intimidated by asking questions. Take time to decide, and do not exceed your budget as it will only add stress.
- Plan on 3 fittings, once when your gown arrives, the second is correct anything and the third, about two weeks before the wedding. This will guarantee your gown fits perfectly.
- Where to find your gown is up to you as there are many choices. Local bridal salons, consignment shops that specialize in formalwear, on line stores, even custom designers can all be sources in finding the gown that reflects who you are.
- Consider the advice given by knowledgable bridal consultants. They can assess what is flattering and what isn’t. Also enlist the aid from a trusted friend or family member.
For a free, on line listing service for wedding dresses, tips and fact son finding the right dress for you, see http://www.oncewed.com/.