Waikiki on Oahu hosts many good burger options, with most American-style restaurants offering a unique hamburger to satisfy a particular taste. From lean Kobe beef to greasy, juicy burgers, there’s something for everyone looking for a good burger in Waikiki.
Here’s a list of the 5 best burger places in Waikiki that are not a part of one of the mammoth resorts and hotels that line Kalakaua Avenue.
Teddy’s Bigger Burgers
1. Teddy’s Bigger Burgers. The burgers at Teddy’s Bigger Burgers are as big as you want them, with options from a single patty to a monster, two-patty burger with toppings like a house-made slaw, hash brown potato, bleu cheese, bacon, avocado, and grilled pineapple. Try the sweet potato fries. This is a classic burger that’s juicy, meaty, and assembled so after you finish the burger you’ll feel like a dip in the ocean to wash off your messy face. In Waikiki, there’s a location across from the Honolulu Zoo at 134 Kapahulu. Tripadvisor will give you insightful comments about Teddy’s Bigger Burgers.
2. Cheeseburger In Paradise. Also offering a classic, hearty burger is Cheeseburger In Paradise. There’s over 20 variations that are sure to satisfy everyone, with a cheeseburger, avocado, and pineapple burger being very popular with tourists. There’s four locations in Waikiki, with 2500 Kalakaua being my favorite. It’s a good sports bar, too. Tripadvisor has a lot more to say about Cheeseburger in Paradise.
3. Mahaloha Burger Staying in Waikiki, there’s a good chance you’ll walk through the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center and see a food court featuring a grass-fed, all beef burger at Mahaloha Burger. Stop and grab an avocado and Swiss cheese burger, or a local favorite called the Loco Moco Burger. They’re open 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. Tripadvisor reviews will tell you more!
Da Big Kahuna – TripAdvisor
4. Da Big Kahuna. Located at 2290 Kuhio, Da Big Kahuna Restaurant is a sports bar, a pub, and a music-filled, hang-out for local surfers. It also serves a great burger. Also get their famous Fish Bowl tropical drink. With a bacon, cheesy burger it will make your day complete. Tripadvisor can give you good reviews.
Yard House Waikiki
5. Yard House. First thing you’ll notice at the Yard House on the Waikiki Beach Walk (226 Lewers) is the absolute huge selection of beers from around the world. So grab a beer and order a Pastrami Benedict Burger or the absolute sinful Surf and Turf Burger with lobster meat. Tripadvisor reviewers love this place, rating it in the Top 25 restaurants in Waikiki.
Teddy’s Bigger Burgers in Waikiki
Steven K Scott
Worth mentioning: Lulu’s Waikiki across from the Honolulu Zoo has a good burger and a great view of Waikiki Beach. Hard Rock Cafe on the Waikiki Beach Walk offers a typical burger in a fun, music setting. Duke’s Waikiki is a “must stop” anyway when in Waikiki, so grab a burger and a sunset. . Islands Fine Burgers in the Ala Moana Center shopping complex is worth a visit if you’re shopping