An air compressor is an indispensable machine in almost every industry. So, it is obvious that anyone who ones one would want it up and running. In order to maintain the efficiency of any machine, it is important to understand its functioning as well as parts. However, because this a quick brush up on keeping your Compressor World Air Compressors in a good shape, we straightaway get to the 10 tips you must follow:
1. Read the Manual: The first thing for you to do is to read the air compressor manual that you get with the machine, thoroughly. Once that is done, you will understand at least the basics of its maintenance.
2. Keep Oil Levels In Check: Regular care for the air compressor means that you should always keep the oil levels in check. Too low levels of oil could mean some serious damage for your air compressor. Once you have used the air compressor for around 500-1000 hours, you should check the oil levels in it.
3. Clean Water and Oil Removal Traps: Every part of the air compressor demands attention. From the air tanks to the filters to the dryers and separators in it, you need to clean and drain these parts regularly if you want the machine to operate efficiently. You need to check if there is a test button on the drain. If there is one use it to check whether the drains are working fine.
4. Air filter Maintenance: Dirty or damaged air filter means the compressor will have to use more energy. A dirt filled air filter also makes the air compressor more susceptible to damage. In case there is a heavy buildup of dirt in these, you need to get them replaced.
5. Check for Noise: Hear anything abnormal with regard to the sound of the compressor? This may be because of overheating, excessive vibration or because of something going wrong with the machine. Get this checked immediately.
6. Maintenance of Separator Element: The function of the separator element is to prevent the excessive usage or wastage of oil. Energy cost goes up by 1% with every 2 PSI drop in the pressure of the separator element.
7. Be Careful About Leaks: Use an ultrasonic leak detector for checking whether your air compressor for leaks. Check specially around the gaskets as well as the fittings to detect air leaks. The output automatically comes down when there are leaks in your air compressor.
8. Optimum Temperature: For the air compressor to function well, you need to set the appropriate temperature for it to run on. You can find what the right temperature for your air compressor is by reading the owner’s manual that comes along with it.
9. Stock Up: Always remember to maintain a stock of all the parts of the air compressor. You never know when you might need a spare part because of the original part getting damaged.
10. Clean it Regularly: Though this the most basic thing that you ought to do, it is also one of the most essential. Don’t let dust and dirt accumulate on your or in your air compressor.
Keep the above listed ten things in mind to see to it that the Compressor World Air Compressors is working fine. Above everything else, you need to be sure that you are following all the rules listed in the owner’s manual.